Undergraduate Physics Courses
- Physics : BSc Hons
- Physics : MPhys Hons
- Physics / North America : MPhys Hons
- Physics with Particle Physics and Cosmology : BSc Hons
- Physics with Particle Physics and Cosmology : MPhys Hons
- Physics, Astrophysics and Cosmology : BSc Hons
- Physics, Astrophysics and Cosmology : MPhys Hons
- Theoretical Physics : BSc Hons
- Theoretical Physics : MPhys Hons
- Theoretical Physics with Mathematics : BSc Hons
- Theoretical Physics with Mathematics : MSci Hons
- Theoretical Physics with Mathematics (North America) : MSci
We offer a range of flexible degree courses that are undertaken over four (MPhys and MSci) or three (BSc) years.
You can graduate with one of three different degree qualifications - MPhys, MSci and BSc. We only use the MSci designation for our joint Physics and Maths degree.
A substantial research-orientated project is a significant component of the final year of the MPhys/MSci schemes. Project topics are usually related to your scheme and to our departmental research strengths. MPhys/MSci degrees are ideal if you are planning a career as a professional physicist and are the recommended route into research degrees.
A good result from a BSc course, however, will allow you to continue your studies at MSc or research at PhD level or to enter a vocational MSc or teacher training programme.
To give you as much flexibility as possible, our MPhys and BSc courses have a common first year. However, given the extra commitment required for the four-year courses, we will normally make you a higher grade offer.