Head of Mechanical Workshops
+44 (0)1524 593078
Time-served craftsman with over 40 years experience in engineering.
- Craft apprenticeship at Goss Printing Presses in fitting, milling.
- Employed by Goss as precision gear cutter.
- B.Eng Degree in Mechanical Engineering at University of Central Lancashire.
- Extensive work in site fitting around UK. Multifaceted work including installing bread ovens, sewage and water treatment machinery, paper mill installations, and machinery for carpet factories.
- CNC programmer, using a 5 axis router, for plastics company. Work included rapid prototyping and vacuum formed pattern making.
- Design and Development Engineer for security company designing roller shutter garage doors and collapsible gates, production engineering products, and devising methods for safe and straightforwardness of manufacturing.
Other Interests and Hobbies
I enjoy designing and making interesting things. Recent projects include a recumbent tricycle, an electric spinning wheel and carding machine for wool, curing hides, designing and making a cider press, creating a harmonograph, blacksmithing and making items of silver jewellery.
Over the years I have been active in:
Scouting (Scout leader), Mountain Rescue, rock climbing, fell walking, running, cycling, motorcycling, the International Guild of Knot Tiers, playing in a brass band, welsh country dancing and morris dancing.