Abstract production and submission instructions
Deadline for receipt of abstract: 30 June 2012
- To download the files needed to prepare your abstract:
- Download the style file QFS2012abs.sty and the example template file einstein_QG_theory.tex. Both files and these instructions are also available in a single zipped file.
- To prepare your abstract LaTeX file
- Use the template to generate the LaTeX file for your abstract. Simply replace the text of the template by your own text. Follow the instructions given in the template.
- The maximum space for your text is limited. To check the space available and the length of your text, make a frame box by uncommenting (deleting the % symbol) from the \MakeFrametrue line. When the text fits within the frame, replace the % symbol in front of the \MakeFrametrue line and recompile.
- Select a sorting category for your abstract. The sorting categories and codes are found in the example template file, and also listed below. Uncomment (by deleting the % symbol) only one of the sorting codes, as in the example template file.
- Add a few key words as instructed in the template file.
- Indicate if the abstract is for an invited talk/paper as instructed in the template file.
- Please check that your LaTeX file leads to a good PDF document by compiling it using the style file QFS2012abs.sty. An error will occur if the abstract is too long but you can just hit <return> to continue compiling to see how much text has to be trimmed.
- Rename your abstract LaTeX file and the resulting pdf in the form:
<last name of first author>_<sorting code>_<theory or expt>.tex [or as .pdf as appropriate]
to indicate the sorting category and whether the abstract is mainly a theoretical or experimental contribution. For example : einstein_QG_theory.tex
- Email the LaTeX file and the pdf as attached documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject of your e-mail should be:
- Abstract: <last name of first author>_<sorting code>_<theory or expt>
- Within a few days, we will send you an email to acknowledge receipt of your abstract.
QFS2012 sorting codes and categories
|VT||Vortices & turbulence|
|LD||Low dimensional and confined systems|
|OT||Other topics and model systems|
If you have any questions please e-mail email@example.com with Subject: Information request.